Saturday, January 14, 2012

Makeup Review: Makeupforever High Definition Foundation

Back then, I always drop-by the Makeupforever or MUFE store in Bonifacio highstreet when it opened and check-out their makeup line and the prices as well. And yes I would love to try out their products because of great reviews, but unfortunately I was too hesitant to buy again because it's too expensive same as bobbi brown's prices. But then again because Marie Digby (my favorite youtube musician) has just been launched as the new ambassador of MUFE Philippines, I bought some of their products. One of the factors why I bought MUFE products is because Marie Digby's skin is not breaking out when using it, that means that it's good for those who have sensitive skins like her and another is that because all of their products that day was on SALE up to 30% off that's why I grab the chance to buy.
(from left: Full Cover Concealer, HD Foundation,
Aqua Liner, Eyebrow Corrector)
Product: HD Invisible Cover Foundation
Description: The HD foundation is an oil-free medium to full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfection, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. Its extremely fine texture is supple and easy to apply. Enriched with moisturizing agents, it leaves the skin soft and radiant.




My verdict:
I am a shade 120 (Soft Sand) for this foundation. Good thing about this is that it has a wide range of shades! From the lightest to the darkest complexioned person I can say can find her shade in this foundation. Well for those of you who has seen Marie Digby, who has really a snow white-y complexion has her shade in MUFE's foundations. The packaging is a bit bulky to put in a vanity kit. I love that it has a pump which is very hygienic and controllable on how much you just want to dispense. I use this foundation everyday because of its buildable coverage and it doesn't even feel heavy on my face like I am not wearing any.

And now let's check MUFE's description:
1. Oil-free: I put this on every morning before going to work. Well, I can say that its coverage lasted until lunch time without using a primer. But when you put on a primer, it can last up to 8-9 hours. I used it last Christmas and I was impressed it lasted long! þ

2. Medium to Full coverage: As what I have said earlier, it has a buildable coverage. It covers my imperfection with just a light coverage. þ

3. Invisible on-screen and real life: This is the distinguishing feature of this foundation. I love that it's invisible on photos as well as in real life! Not unlike other foundations, you can sometimes see in the photo that your face looks very white. With this foundation, your face will look very flawless both in photos and in real life. þ

4. Extremely fine texture, supple and easy to apply: The first time I dispensed a few on the back of my hand and applied it on my face it's so smooth, very fine and yes, easy to apply! After applying it on my face, it didn't look very dry/matte, instead it looked supple but not oily. þ

5. Leaves the skin soft and radiant: After applying this foundation, my skin stays soft and looked glowing. þ

All in all, I can say that I found my Holy Grail liquid foundation! I will definitely repurchase this! :) How about you? Have you tried MUFE's HD foundation? I would love to know your opinion/review about it.

xoxo,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

17 comments:

  1. Thinking of buying one now! Thanks for sharing lovely review! :)


    following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! Currently, I'm thinking of purchasing Lancome's Teint Miracle to try it on and do a review as well.

      Delete
  2. Hi can I ask where can I exactly see the MUFE store in Boni High?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ann! Mufe bonifacio highstreet is currently on renovation. But they might be re-opening in Feb or March. I will let you know regarding that as I always pass by Bhs. :)

      Delete
  3. If not for this I wouldn't have an inkling as to the existence of MUFE here in the Philippines. (Sucks to be living in the province.) Anyway, I'd really be happy if you could tell me how much they sell their Full Cover Concealer for? Been wanting to get one. Will wait for your reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I forgot how much their full cover concealer is. But i think it's about Php1,6k

      Delete
  4. Hi! knowing MUFE is permanently pulled out from Phils, would you know where to buy their products? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, I don't think they have it here in the Philippines anymore. Maybe you can check out online shops. Do you have instagram? As I know trusted online sellers, their products are pre-ordered from US stores.

      Delete
  5. Thanks! :) yes i have an ig account @vanessmier :) what online store are you currently buying from? or are you now using a different brand in replace of MUFE? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still using MUFE HD foundation if I have occasions that I will attend to. For everyday, it's powder/foundation. You can check in instagram: @prettylittlethingsshopbywg @allthatprettyph

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your reply. You're a big help! :)

      Delete
  6. hi make up forever in serendra is now make up factory.. do you have any idea where i can buy make up forever products in the philippines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yes, but make up factory doesn't have mufe products. As what I've said, I only know online sellers in instagram whom you can pre-order US beauty products. :) @prettylittlethingsshopbywg @allthatprettyph

      Delete
  7. Is there a MUFE branch at SM? I would like to pay a visit :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pauline! There is one in SM aura. It is just across kiehl's and stradivarius. :) hope it helps.

      Delete